Please note:

This website was set up to get parcels to Australian Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Airwomen deployed overseas.

You are welcome to cut and paste information and use it to support sending parcels to our service members serving overseas, however, when you do cut and paste please link back to Ocean Sky & Khaki to acknowledge OSK, and so that people can find the blog themselves.

If there are questions one of us will answer if you comment on a post at the blog.

*************

Saturday, August 8, 2009

L is for lollies

Hot on the heels of the Pasta Pack comes the Lolly Pack. After buying this lot, I discovered that a $2 shop that we visit every now and then sells a huge range of lollies like this for less than I paid at a major supermarket chain. Arrgh!


Yes, that is a bottle of Tabasco sauce in the middle. I know that it doesn't quite go with the theme of a lolly pack, but you packs what you can sends.

Lollies are surprisingly heavy, so I filled out the empty spaces in the box with some ANZAC biscuits, a few chewy bars and some 2 minute noodles. There was no room for the bag of Twisties, so the kids ate them.


Soldiering is incredibly hard work - the guys in the field will be burning an amazing number of calories per day, so getting a face full of lollies is not an issue. If you can show me a soldier who comes back from Afghanistan heavier than when they left, I'll show you a cook. The rest will be so skinny, their pants will be falling down around their ankles.

Now that I know where to buy masses of lollies at a good price, I am going to pay a return visit and buy enough to fill a couple of boxes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you would have thought of this, but pedantic me has to mention it-always check the use-by dates especially at the 2 dollar shops. :) That is some yummy haul of lollies!

Carpe Jugulum said...

I like the idea of a sweets pack, i'll see how i go in the weight deparment.

I'm thinking of doing one for the girls as well, any ideas for suitable magazines etc?

cheers