Please note:

This website was set up to get parcels to Australian Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Airwomen deployed overseas.

You are welcome to cut and paste information and use it to support sending parcels to our service members serving overseas, however, when you do cut and paste please link back to Ocean Sky & Khaki to acknowledge OSK, and so that people can find the blog themselves.

If there are questions one of us will answer if you comment on a post at the blog.

*************

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

B is for Brekky Time.

Sometimes it's difficult trying to decide what to send in each pack. While you can put together all sorts of good things, occasionally you look for something a bit different.

I know that Boy on a Bike has thought about making up care packages with a tea break theme, and I have been wracking my brain along the same lines.

Now, what could I send that'll give the guys something to really enjoy? I don't have a whole lot of mass to play with, nor do I have much in the way of space. Unfortunately, in this situation, space is most definitely not the final frontier.

Well, since breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day (unless you're like me and find it's usually a nuisance that interferes with getting self and offspring ready for the day), I figured that a brekky pack would be good.

So........

Here it is!

12 comments:

Boy on a bike said...

Coco Pops - awesome.

Carpe Jugulum said...

Froot Loops - more awesome (trust me, Sam Toucan never lies)

Nilk said...

I'll have to start up a brekky collection then and take it in turns which to send.

Do I hear anyone for Frosties? Can you still get Frosties?

kae said...

Guys, guys, guys, I slipped across the road today to avoid the cafeteria food (food? HA!), and got myself a macca's burger... I was starving.

There were a few khaki clad personnel there and I stalked them in the carpark. Told them about the blog and asked that they have a look and spread the word. Explained that every other country has at least one support blog for care packages for their serving military members, but Aus has nothing. Gleaning the info from the defence websites is hard work, so we started the blog to help.

The two I spoke with seemed to think it was a good idea.

I hope the word is spread.

Nilk said...

I have an uncle who's been active with the RSL for years, and he thinks this blog is a good idea - he suggested getting in touch with them to spread the word.

I think we tend to forget how many people don't even know about blogs, let alone read them.

Ghastly thought, I know. How could you not know the blogosphere?

Carpe Jugulum said...

Interesting point Kae

My local RSL (Hastings - Vic) is due to put out their newsletter soon, perhaps a blurb from one of you (Kae Nilk BOAB) for inclusion would be a good initiative, we have a broad membership base & it would help get the message out. Gmail me if you think its a go'er

Carpe Jugulum said...

bugger, Nilk beat me to it
;)

Nilk said...

Great minds, Carpe, great minds.

I've been thinking about what to put on a flyer for places like the RSL.

I'm also thinking of putting together a link page for organisations that support the troops.

Groups like Legacy do so much good work and should be supported also.

Carpe Jugulum said...

Thanks Nilk, hadn't thought of legacy. We have the legacy ladies at Hasto's & a sort of day club as well....although i would have to ask a friend of mine on the committee about that one. I should be down there Friday week so i'll mention it.

cheers

janine said...

I am so happy that I found this site, I have been looking for some time, in the USA there are heaps of groups doing this type of thing but not enough Aussies, fantastic work guys I will be telling anyone that listens to get in on the act.

Kaity Jade said...

something else that would be good is zip-lock bags. so they can keep things like photos and other personal things together and safe from both getting lost and weather

kae said...

Hi Kaity
That's a great idea. I try to put the envelopes I send in a zip lock bag. Sometimes I get specials in things like chupa chups and I'll put them into zip lock bags, too.
They're handy to send if you also send things like dried fruit or nuts and so on, they can be broken up by the soldier so as they don't have to take the lot with them.