Please note:

This website was set up to get parcels to Australian Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Airwomen deployed overseas.

You are welcome to cut and paste information and use it to support sending parcels to our service members serving overseas, however, when you do cut and paste please link back to Ocean Sky & Khaki to acknowledge OSK, and so that people can find the blog themselves.

If there are questions one of us will answer if you comment on a post at the blog.

*************

Saturday, May 30, 2009

F is for forms


When you take your care pack to the post office, you'll be asked to fill in a customs declaration. You can't just stick the BM parcel in a mail box - you have to front up at a post office and send it in person.

You also need to show ID when presenting your parcel, so don't forget to take a drivers licence with you.

After sending a few parcels over a period of time, my postie gave me a stack of these forms to take home. That way, I can fill them out at home before taking the care pack to the post office. If you are intent on sending a care pack regularly, ask them for half a dozen forms. I'm sure they will oblige.

1 comment:

kae said...

I had to pick up a script today.
My local Soul Pattinson chemist has hand wash in a small tube for $2.95 for two, one is usually $2.75!
Lip chap stick stuff was two fer in a blister pack (I'll take them out of the pack and perhaps put them in a small freezer bag, one to each parcel).

I must go, I have a wog. KERCCHOOOOOO!