Please note:

This website was set up to get parcels to Australian Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Airwomen deployed overseas.

You are welcome to cut and paste information and use it to support sending parcels to our service members serving overseas, however, when you do cut and paste please link back to Ocean Sky & Khaki to acknowledge OSK, and so that people can find the blog themselves.

If there are questions one of us will answer if you comment on a post at the blog.

*************

Sunday, May 31, 2009

H is for How Many?

So how many care packages should you send?

As many as you wish. If you want to send a few, that's fine. If you only want to send one, that's also fine.

It's your decision.

This is not about competing.

It's about showing some support and care for our diggers.

If you're worried about cost, then stop worrying now.

Again, it's free to post. You'll probably get sick of reading that, and we may get sick of reminding you, but sod it - we all love free stuff, and this really is free.

Besides, as you've seen in previous posts, there are ways to keep costs down. If you set yourself a goal of spending a couple of extra dollars only each week or fortnight when you shop, you'll just build up a stash in the cupboard that you can pick and choose from when you're ready to post.

And don't all post at once!

If I'm sending one this week, Kae's got another in two weeks' time, Sandi in comments posted last week, then those will go to three of our guys in Afghanistan.

It's not about money, it's about care and support.

As my parents told me innumerable times, it's the thought that counts, and even one package can make a difference to someone's time out of Australia and away from loved ones.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this idea. Contributing something r-e-a-l.

I mentioned this in a post further down, but think it's worth repeating. The supermarkets have 2, 3 and 4 for $5, or even $3 items of all kinds. Picking up a few of those gives me a start on two or three packs ahead.

I noticed Big W has "travel" size things (near the fast checkout lane at my local), so I'll stock up on some of those for fillers.

durdlin said...

Agreed. Practical and easy = fantastic. I'm just surprised I've never heard about it before. Tomorrow I'm going to the post office to get me a BM box to fill. And rest assured, I'll be spreading the word.

Nilk said...

Thanks so much, durdlin. It's much appreciated.

Like we say, it's the best kept secret of the DoD.

Anonymous said...

Oops. Forgot to sign my post above.

Sandi